Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January Overview

Well Hello Blog. It's Emily Here.

Remember that post back in January where I said I was going to work on keeping everyone more updated on my life. Well I FAIL! LOL.

I've been busy. So busy, my Christmas Decoration are still up. So busy that I've yet to get started on most of my resolutions. Here are the Good, Bad & Ugly of January.

The Good:
• Lost 9 lbs so far since the start of the year. It's slow going, but it's going.
• Got a RAISE at work
• The Blog Got a New Customized Look
• Josh got a Bonus
• Sticking to our budget pretty well, cut up some Credit Cards and it felt good!
• Got a New DDR game and have been busy unlocking all the songs (my christmas present from Josh)
• Been eating better, getting more veggies in that I thought I could
• Got the Electrical Fixed at our house Courtesy of Josh's Uncle Jackie (Thanks So MUCH) as well as visiting with him and Josh's Mom
• Started walking the dog a little further each day (For both our health)
• Am Registered & Paid in Full for two Conventions & AA's (Tekkoshocon & Anime Central)
• Became a staff artist for our local convention (Hopefully we won't have to pay anything for this con)
• Started reading Osamu Tezuka's Buddha series (highly recommended for a deep and intriguing look at human nature)
• Big Bang Theory has been AWESOME!
• G.S.R (Grissom Sarah Romance) for the win on CSI Vegas!!!
• STEELER'S WIN!!

The Bad:
• Grissom left CSI, but see good point above.
• Tobi is still a pain to walk, we're thinking about a new collar to see if that helps, if not he's going to obedience school
• Got the window in the neon repaired by Steve, but we can no longer roll the window down (well that's not so bad)
• Realized exactly how out of shape I am now.. (this can go towards the good column though as it's a motivator)
• Not getting the Jones Family Weight Loss off the ground yet
• Getting really busy at work all of sudden (A good and a bad thing)
• Still working 6 days a week doesn't leave time for much else
• Played too much WOW and watched too much TV that wasn't worth watching. Didn't get any projects done for the AA's.
• Didn't get as much reading done as I would have liked

The UGLY:
• Taxes Taxes Taxes... Uggg... We're seeing a professional this year
• World Market is Closing here in Fort Wayne... I love that store!!!
• Been fighting an icky cold for like a week and half
• My Skin! Between the acne, the dryness and the cracking skin, winter does a job on my skin and I see no relief in sight!
• Not starting a strength training program and not doing more cardio, I really need to.
• Not getting my blog or journal going like I wanted to

What I'm going to work on this month is Stricter Dieting, MORE EXERCISE, MORE Creative Works, MORE Journaling, MORE Reading & Researching, LESS time wasted and CONTINUED & BETTER Budgeting!

Lofty goals I know, but I'm really trying to feel more satisfied in all aspects of our lives. ! I am determined to get what I want! 

I've set reminders in my calendar to update, so hopefully that helps. And now I'm off... See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. O HAY! IM HERE!!!

    DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!


    hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH! The NC Jones' found you guys too! I didn't realize you had a blog now. Fun keeping up with you guyz! XOXO

    ReplyDelete