Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our First Blog Post!

Well, now that the craziness, that is the holidays, is over and done with it is time to get started on some resolutions of mine. One of them is to blog or journal this year to better track what goes on in our lives. I want to post about funny things we do, major events this year and just general life. I think this will help in my effort to be more organized and scheduled. 

Well let's start with the Holidays. We spent Christmas with Josh's family out in Pennsylvania. We left the icy winter wonderland of Indiana to come to Pittsburgh only to find it to be snowless. Go figure, we never get more snow than PA and the one year we want some for Christmas, PA doesn't get it. We got to spend the holiday with Josh's mom, two sisters Jen & Mandy, Jen's kids Landon & Ben, Aunt Margie, Uncle Dave and Uncle Jack Rohm and family. It's always so relaxing to visit Josh's mom's house. It's like the minute you walk in you feel at home and your worries fly out the window. We were able to go shopping, bake tons of goodies and make some interesting sugar cookies. It was really magical to spend the holiday with the boys. Children really make Christmas special. Well halfway through Christmas Day we were on our way back to Indiana to work (yuck) the 26th. One of these days we'll have enough seniority and time off to take longer trips, I swear! Anyhow, onto the week of the New Year.

My younger brother Josh came home on leave from the Navy that Sunday following Christmas which is when my family had our gift exchange and celebrated. It was great to see my brother and to hear some of this stories from the Navy. I only wish we could have spent more time with him. We ended up sitting around watching movies and playing board games after work each day. (By the way I beat my Dad and brother so badly that they gave up 1/2 way through the game!) We also ended up going out to eat at quite a bit and saw Bedtime Stories (Highly Recommended). We spent New Year's Eve with my brother (his birthday) and my family, counted down until the ball dropped, got my New Year's Kiss from my husband and then headed home to bed since Josh had to open the next morning. My brother headed back to Connecticut Sunday the 4th and we miss him already! 

The last week has been spent playing catch up after the holidays. There was so much laundry to do, mail to sort, bills to pay, dishes to wash, etc. We've started working on our New Year's Resolutions. We have a new bill/savings calendar, we have a new outlook on eating healthy, we have made plans to be more active and we have plans for our Art Studio as well. I'll post my check list later. 

Tuesday the 6th my Mom and I made the commitment and went back to Weight Watchers. I weighed in at one of my highest weights ever and we have vowed to stay until we reach goal this time. We've been successful with the program before and that's why we decided to go back. I do my first official weigh in tonight, by my scale I've dropped at least 8 lbs this week. Speaking of weight loss, I have been setting up a Sparkpeople Team for The Jones/Rohm Family to help us all get a little healthier. I'm getting the rules set up now and I think we'll do our first weigh in sometime this week. I hope so anyways. Josh has also been going strong with his cutting back commitment. He's dropped 10 lbs. We hope to keep going strong.

Artwise we have definite plans to go to 4 conventions/art shows and a 5th is in the works. We'll be heading to Pittsburgh in April over my birthday, Chicago in May, Baltimore in July and Detroit in October. We've got tons of new ideas to work on for this season. The 5th show could be here in Fort Wayne, in Indianapolis or elsewhere. We're looking at August & September for the 5th show. We usually avoid shows after October to leave time off for the holidays.

We'll also be heading back to Pittsburgh for the Jones/Rohm family vacation this June, which promises to be great fun for all. We're going to be doing touristy things around town (museums, zoos, Kennywood FINALLY, shopping, etc). It's shaping up to be a great time for all. Hopefully we'll all be svelt by then so we'll all make heads turn walking around as a group . Also in June we will be attending the Blosser/Hildebrandt wedding! Again looking to be in better shape by June. I want to fit a dress I wore 5 years ago to another wedding.

Let's see what else.... I'm working on my portfolio website to see if I can fish up any freelance work. Also working on a website for our Art Studio, my parent's health club and a custom layout for this blog. I've got a generic blog layout up for now until I get the new page finished. I've also got some pictures to show off from Christmas as soon as I get them off my camera. I also have started to schedule creative time, so that I can get moving on New Projects in an effort to get more done this year. I'm really sick of watching time fly by and not accomplishing what I want to do. This is something that Josh and I are really going to try to be better about this year. Wish us luck. 

I think this is where I'll leave this post for now. I should have some pictures for you soon as well as some updates. Thanks for Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment