Thursday, February 12, 2009

Since the last post...

Updates since last week. I'm still swamped at work with new projects since the new year. I've taken more part pictures recently then probably the whole first year I was here. I'd rather be busy than bored though. New mailers and promotional materials have been keeping on my toes as well as researching new web ideas for the company. 

On the weight loss front I'm down 3 more lbs this week. It was a better week than last week (a 0.4 lb gain). I'm starting to feel the difference now and am really happy with the progress I've made. Josh is doing well too. I'm not sure what his stats are at, but he's been losing or staying the same which is good.

Trying to get motivated to start working on the freelance for the conventions. It's been really slow going and hard to get started. I'm hoping to have new work to show for con season soon!

Taxes are done and next year I'll be doing them myself again.  The tax professional helped us get things straightened out for next year as well as not owe as much as I thought we did and get a small refund from the state. If I ever need help I have her card too. She looked over last year's taxes and couldn't find anything I was missing and gave us some suggestions for new deductions. All in all I'm glad they are done.

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th and a casual Friday. I'm psyched!  I'm also ready for the weekend and Valentines day. I want to go out to dinner with Josh and just have a relaxing evening with him. I'll have to figure out what kind of Valentine I'm making him. I'll think of something before Saturday.

Well I am continuing to try and post regularly. For inspiration I'm going to start taking the Writers Block questions from Live Journal and using those to help me get a post started each day from now on that way you'll have updates from me and hopefully it will spur me to continue writing about the what's been going on. So here's the question.

"If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?"

I think for me there are several jobs. These would only happen if I was independently wealthy already. ^_^

I'd love to own and run a restaurant or bakery. I'd love to cook every night and have other people really enjoy what I make. I'd love to make really cute cakes and cookies to sell at the holidays. It'd be creative and fun.

I'd love to run a comic book store/coffee house. This is one of Josh and my ideas for when we win the Power ball. We want to open a comics/geekery coffee house that caters to the nerd as well as selling said comics. Josh could do art lessons from it and I could make all sorts of cute cakes and fabulous coffee concoctions. I think it'd be fun a relaxing.

I'd love to get our comic off the ground and be a full time comic creator. I already have a blast creating new stories and plot lines. I'd love to be a guest at one of the conventions we go to and have my work inspire others. That really be a dream job.

I'd love to run a theater troupe. Josh would probably disown me for this, but I would love to mentor/direct a high school or college drama group. To give back what I got out of high school and to make it a better place for kids like me. I'd even be happy with a community theater group. It'd be so much fun. I used to love to be involved in the theater in High School and it would be so much fun to do so again.

I'd love to be a writer for the newspaper. I'd love to write book reviews, movie reviews, restaurant reviews, editorials, actual news. It'd be really fun. Something new all the time think about and be opinionated on.

I'd love to be a stay at home mom. I'd love to be able to focus on just raising my kids. To be there when they need me and to give them every opportunity I can. I hope that I can turn this job into a reality someday.

~Emily~

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thats my idea of dream job too...SAHM!! Some of us can dream... Tom & I need to get motivated again on the weightloss ;-(

    ReplyDelete