Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well let's see it's been a long time since I've updated and I'll assure you that there have been no calamities to cause. Also, my daily reminder to updated has been annoying the heck out me trying to get me to update. Le Sigh...  I am here today and that is a start.

Well for starters I've been absolutely swamped at work, which is a good thing, but it's also let me sneak in some bad eating habits once again and it's not been helping my want to keep my journaling up. Between the endless stream of parts going through my office that need pictures taken like this one (A Solenoid Valve)

and the ongoing website improvements/tweaks and the normal flow of flyers/mailers/marketing materials needed. I barely get out of my office anymore which isn't good for my weight loss efforts. I am very grateful to be working a fun and sometimes challenging position within my field, but sometimes I miss the slower days here.

As far as weight loss goes, I've been stuck at 10 lbs lost. I was down to 12 and then gained it back. So I'm being really strict this week and really tracking what I eat as well as hoping to get a good couple of  workouts in. I really need it with my lack of activity lately... 

Not any progress on my behalf towards the con prep. I've just been lacking motivation to do much of anything as of late. Josh has finally gotten back on the art horse and seems to be enjoying it again so hopefully that will get me motivated again.

Speaking of Josh, he's been Mr. Work Related Accidents lately. He got hit on the head by a hammer that got left on top of a shelving unit and then later in the week got hit with a beam that fractured his collar bone. Nothing to serious thank goodness, but the workman's comp doctor must be sick of seeing him. I'm just glad he's ok.

Valentine's day came and went. Josh got me some gorgeous flowers. I loved the mixed bouquet and the wonderful note he wrote me.


He got some chocolate covered fortune cookies and some hand/computer made cards. That night, we got take out from our favorite Japanese restaurant and stayed in and watched a movie called Dedication. It was not what I expected in a good way. It was a quiet weekend, but we liked it.

Liz (my little sister) got her first apartment by herself. It's really cute and vintage in an older building downtown. I think she'll be happy there. She's inherited the futon and we've been helping her paint and move in. I hope she finds happier times there.

Speaking of siblings, Josh (my little brother) headed back out to sea on the his sub in the navy. I think this is going to a longer tour this time around. He's got less than 2 years left now. I can't wait for him to be out, I miss my quirky brother. He may enlist again or he may end up staying on the east coast, but either way I hope to see more of him. If anyone out on the East Coast is looking for a great sweet boyfriend, he's single by the way. He's such a great guy and will shower you with gifts and love, he just needs a girl who's willing to wait until he's done with the Navy (unlike his last girlfriend).

This past weekend I took Sunday off from the club and spent the whole weekend with Josh. It was nice and relaxing. We got to talk, go out to eat and just enjoy each other's company without the rush of me having to go to bed so early on Saturday night to open on Sunday. Josh kicked some butt on XBox Live and I got to read. It was just nice. We also talked paint colors for the downstairs and looked at rugs. As well as watching the Oscars and getting the back yard cleaned up a little.

We also went to eat and saw "He just not that into you" with Blosser and Robin. It was a fun movie with some really great lines. I enjoyed it a lot, Josh said it was OK. C'est la vie with Chick Flicks and Josh.



Last night went out to dinner with my parents and had a really good time seeing them. We live minutes from each other, but it had been almost two weeks since we'd seen them. We really need to plan more activities together.

Tonight I'm going out with the girls from work here for a little get together to celebrate this month's birthdays at Texas Roadhouse. Nothing fancy, but girls only so it should be fun! I hope to be back tomorrow to write about it. 

I guess that all for now, I've got to get back to my parts. <wink wink>   

No comments:

Post a Comment